Thursday, October 16, 2008

Abortion in Europe

I was curious about the status of abortions in Europe after reading this article. The quote from the British Financial Times: "The Palin appointment is yet more proof of the way that abortion still dominates American politics." sparked my interest. What exactly are the abortion policies in European countries? Here's the answer: Europe's Abortion Rules.
I think the most interesting is Ireland.

"Ireland has voted five times in the past 20 years on its abortion laws, most recently deciding to continue to allow women to have an abortion if they say they are suicidal - a loophole the government and Catholic Church wanted closed.

Women can have counselling and advice on options, and can leave the country to have the procedure elsewhere - more than 6,000 a year go to the UK for a termination."

I was very pleased with what Obama said about abortion in the debate last night. If you're into fancy stuff like a transcript to read along with your video, and popular opinion graphs, but don't mind your video being little. Try CNN.



No comments: