Saturday, April 26, 2008

Scientology

I'm in Layfayette NY, watching a video of L. Ron Hubbard, founder of Scientology. My boyfriend's brother is doing research for a documentary on cults. I have been made aware of many issues with Scientology that are totally outrageous and infuriating. However, if you're looking for a little light reading, I'd like to draw attention to Operation Snow White and Operation Freakout.
In sum, (just in case Wikipedia changes) Operation Snow White was when Scientology infiltrated the US government in the 70s to steal unfavorable documents about themselves. And Operation Freakout was when they launched a campaign to have an author who printed unfavorable material about them jailed or thrown in a mental institution.
If you have more than a quick moment, I suggest you look into this farther. Their entire system of belief outright offends me.
And that's all I can bare to say about it for now.
'

No comments: