One of the truly delightful things about my campus is the Campus Cruisers. These are yellow one speed bikes that are put out by the campus cruiser club during the good weather. The club is all student run, and funded through Student Association. They used to be
these old bikes but have transformed into a fleet of
new one speeds. They are the perfect bikes for this job, back peddle breaks, big tires, cushy seats, one speed. They are durable, and simple so they don't break as easy. The bikes are supposed to remain on campus and be ridden by anyone who's lucky enough to spot one and fight off the competition.

So there is a big problem with people stealing/hording the bikes. Theres only 15 or so of them to begin with, and they rapidly disappear over the weeks. People hide them in thier building or ride them off campus and hide them at their homes. It pretty much ruins it for everyone. I constantly hear people say they want to buy one for them self. So
here it is. They cost as much as my 21 speed Trek. I'm afraid to say, I'm sticking with the Trek.
Oh did I mention It weights 37lbs according to their website....
No comments:
Post a Comment